Afternoon all!

Hope you're feeling fab, I certainly am, a day off work and payday in the same day has definitely put a smile on my face! :)

I thought I'd do a blog post a bit different to what I normally post today, as I've seen so much about it and so many conflicts!

It's come to my attention that us "bigger girls" (if you like) struggle to find decent clothes, especially when trying to lose weight, this is the bane of my life, since I don't want to buy too much, because I'm trying to shed a few lb's, but at the same time, the clothes I already have are getting too big, so it's a vicious cycle to be honest.
So I thought I'd share with you what I bought today and how I overcome the struggles I have when shopping, as it doesn't matter how big or small you are, sometimes you just have a crap day when shopping and you feel like you want the ground to swallow you up in the changing rooms, am I right? (I'm going to say yes).

So this is what I bought today, I bought this in mind of my 21st in a couple of weeks and for town tonight for my friends birthday.


I bought a patterned kimono, brown strappy suede top, black jegging and gold necklace from New Look, the kimono was in the sale, and I managed to fit in a size 12, which is a bonus, because if I lose more weight, I can keep it afterwards! - but ladies, if you can find a pretty kimono, put it in your basket! I love it as it hides the top bit of my arms that I'm not keen on, plus they go with jeans, jeggings, trousers, pretty much anything, so if you haven't got one in your wardrobe! 

Also jeggings, I don't think I would be anywhere without them, look like jeans, with the comfort of leggings, which I love, they're my best friend for my legs as one of my problem areas, get the right colour to suit you/your style and with the right outfit and shoes, they can slim you right down! they're fab! - I bought the brown strappy top just because I like it haha but again personal preference.

I'm no fashion expert, but I think the right jewellery can make or break an outfit, plus it draws attention to different areas if necessary! so when I spotted this cute gold statement necklace, I had to, I think it really ties it in together :)

As you can also probably see, I purchased some nail polish today I bought Rimmel London Salon Pro no. 126 "Bare Yourself" which is part of the Kate Moss range, and Matte Nail Paint Top Coat from Barry M, as I prefer a matte to a shiny finish, but again, that's personal preference! when it comes to both nail varnishes and lipsticks, I prefer the nude shades, in nail polish I do like Rimmel London's "Let's get nude" and "Caramel Cupcake" shades, check them out!

And finally I purchased the Real Techniques "your base/flawless" miracle complexion sponge, to try out with my foundation, which I'm looking forward to using later!

So ladies, my three big yes' to clothing so far whilst losing weight are Kimonos, Jeggings and Jewellery! If I find anymore weightloss friendly bits of clothing then I'll let you guys know.

One place I will recommend is a place in Epworth (near Doncaster and Scunthorpe) called Coco & Bella - which always have such nice stuff in and cater to most sizes, go and check out their page! https://www.facebook.com/cocoandbellaepworth?fref=ts

One final note ladies (and gentlemen) don't be put off by going into plus size sections, I was terrified of them at one point and I understand the strain it can put on your confidence, but they are there to help you and be comfortable in your own skin! chin up and get shopping! :)

Until next time,
Hayley
xo



0 comments:

Post a Comment