Evening All!

It's Friday! Wooooo! - Well I would be happier but I work weekends too, but despite that, I'm off to a friends 21st tomorrow night so I can look forward to it all the same haha!

Tonight I'm doing my first food post in agessssss (oops).

Those of you that know me well will know that I love a good bit of chicken, and I love love love nandos.

So when my mum suggested doing a homemade version, I was both excited and slightly skeptical, because if you're a nandos lover like me, is it really possible to top it?!

Yes.

Yes it is!

It is chicken thighs, which I find so much nicer to eat than chicken breast, marinated in a sauce and served with spinach and a few (well four...) potato wedges.

The sauce is made up of the following:

Lemon Juice, one tablespoon of tomato puree, a teaspoon of tomato ketchup (which I usually despise!), a bit of garlic granules, a teaspoon of smoked paprika, a tiny bit of cayenne pepper spice, a splash of tobasco sauce (you can add more or less depending on your heat tolerance!) and chopped parsley and spinach with salt and pepper to taste!

After covering the chicken in all of the above sauce, place on a grill pan in the oven (or just the grill if you prefer!) and then serve!

As I mentioned above, I can't stand Tomato Ketchup (I understand that it probably makes me weird, but oh well...) - but I couldn't taste, which I'm sure my mum was thinking and will probably say "told you so!" at somepoint, but its so nice!

It's probably the cheaper and healthier version of a nandos chicken, I bet most of you have most of them ingredients for the sauce already in your cupboard! 
  
If not, I looked up the prices from major supermarket asda for you!

Lemon Juice:
Asda - 50p

Tomato Puree:
Asda - 49p

Tomato Ketchup:
£2

Garlic Granules:
74p

Smoked Paprika:
74p

Cayenne Pepper Spice:
74p

Tobasco Sauce:
£1.89

Parsley:
60p (25g)

Spinach:
£1.00 (180g)

Chicken Thighs:
£2.00 (500g)

That adds up to a total of £10.70! 

With the amount of content in the ingredients you probably have more than enough to make more than one meal! 

Give it a try! You never know!

Until next time,

 

1 comments:

  1. Catherine Waters23 January 2016 at 06:40

    This sounds sooooo good, can't wait to try it!!!! ��

    ReplyDelete