Now then,

What a busy day! travelled back to Sheffield for deadline day (unfortunately its not exciting as football deadline day!) and handed in my last 2 assignments ever! which is a huuuuge relief.
Then bumped into a couple of coursemates and went for a drink to somewhat celebrate our hand-ins and have a bit of catch up, which was fab!

Today's post is going to a tiny bit longer, thought I'd give you an insight to a little tool i'll be using during my weightloss process!

But first, food, I had breakfast at home, so I opted for a quick and easy breakfast:


 I wasn't particually hungry this morning, so I opted for one egg, scrambled, with wholewheat seeded toast with a thin layer of ham and a small sprinkle of chia seeds on top.
It was perfect to satisfy me this morning and gave me enough energy to get me through until lunchtime.

Lunch was a bit rushed and purchased since I was en route back to Sheffield, but I opted for a favourite, sushi!

I bought the sushi from M&S Simply Food in Sheffield train station, I opted for this one because as previous readers will know, I'm really fussy when it comes to food, So I had the salmon and prawn pack, which is light and filled me.
I'd also been told about M&S's cold pressed drinks, I wanted some form of vegetable in my lunch so I opted for the orange and carrot one, even though I drank it all, I didn't fully rate it, to be honest it tasted of normal orange juice with a bit of blended up carrot puree in it, which meant the texture was a bit off for me, so not to my taste, but try it for yourself, one of you will probably like it! It's probably just my weird phobia of texture I have haha!


Finally onto tea, I haven't hardly any food in my flat, since been at home for a bit, so I just had to use what was in (reaaaaaally need to go food shopping tomorrow!) - so I opted for what I had available in my cupboards which would be somewhat filling, lunch was quite light, so left me quite hungry!


It's really hard to make enchiladias look pretty in a photo when you aren't the best cook ha! but I used small chopped bits of chicken with an Old El Paso 'Really Cheesy' Enchiladia kit, which is one of the more milder ones, I used weight watchers low fat cheese and tried not to put too much on, so there wasn't too much badness.
But this meal is one of my favourites, I'll be hopefully trying this again soon with more greenery included in the meal so watch this space!

Now for what I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I got a pretty cool little gadget for christmas, called UP! - It's an app on iPhone (I'm not sure if its available on android!) - with a little device you attach to yourself:


Before I begin, May I state I'm not in anyway being paid to promote or endorse this product, true opinion! :)
This is the device, you can get wristbands as well, but I prefered this as its more discreet and you can wear it under your clothes... (girls, I tend to attach it to my bra during the day and by PJ bottoms at night, but its by personal preference, guys - probably personal preference again!).
This little device is great, all it needs is a battery (same type as a watch!) and the UP! app by makers Jawbone, and you're ready to go.
It tracks your steps and if you're doing exercise, it picks up on it, you also have the option to (I will be doing this!) to put in your food intake, when you first download the app, you enter your weight and height and it gives you an ideal calorie goal to go to every day, at current, mine is 1400 calories a day, you're supposed to include drinks in it too, but if its not in the system, you can either scan the barcode or enter it manually. - but its great if you're trying not to snack, the key is to be honest and you'll realise how much you're actually eating if you do so :)
Not only this, but you can enter your workouts too, I haven't had chance to really use this feature yet,  so I'll update on this in a later post.
So you probably noticed that I wear the device on my PJ bottoms at night, yep! It tracks your sleep too! It advises you on how much sleep you should be getting and it also sets you an advisory 'bedtime' so you get enough sleep for the day ahead, since using this feature, I have definitely felt less restless and more energised in a morning, so big thumbs up from me! 
One last feature it has is something called 'Smart Coach' - which gives you hints and tips for exercise and food, where you can improve or it gives you encouragement on where you're doing things right, it is a good feature! Another thumbs up from me :)
Finally, here's a little snap of the app homepage when you first open up the app, I'll do another post in the future about how to use the app :)


I must add that this app is only available for the iPhone 4s upwards! I have it on my iPad at the moment as I'm still on iPhone 4, but I will hopefully upgrading soon!
The App is FREE, but the wristbands are priced up at £59.99 on amazon, the device I use is currently priced at £38.50 and they come in different colours too!
That's all for now, but I'll see you again tomorrow :)
Later!
Hayley

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment