Now then,

Not last weigh in, but the one before I was pretty angry/fustrated with myself, I had gained a pound.

Source: GIPHY

 "A pound? That's nothing! You'll get it off again!" was a common response when people had asked how I had done that week, but in all honesty, as much as people were trying to be encouraging, it just didn't do much for me, those of you that have followed the blog and/or know me personally may or may not know that I struggle with my self confidence when it comes to my body and figure, I do post selfies on my instagram on my "good confidence days" if you like (ha). - But I was more fustrated with myself mainly because I was half a pound off my 2 stone award at Slimming World and I really bloody wanted it! But a weekend of being slightly naughty (my own fault I know!) meant I gained rather than maintained or lost and I really kicked myself for it (not literally... Is that even possible?!).

Well this week, I lost 2.5lbs and I got my 2 stone award from Slimming World (WOO!).

I already exercise a lot but I upped it last week, doing 5/7 days of gym/swim/walking, whatever that may be, and upped intensity, which was tough, but hey, I did it!

Source: GIPHY
 One thing you need to do when you unexpectedly* gain weight (* - is you forget about the ice cream and the parmo and sausage rolls you ate over the course of one weekend... oops.)
 is don't be so hard on yourself, I was and those close to me would probably say that I still am to a certain extent, it's only because I want to be and look my best, which at the moment I'm still not happy with my figure, but I'm certainly getting there, I've lost nearly 3 stone and I am looking happier, healthier and fitter, but there is still serious effort to be put in before I get to where I want to be, it might take me 6 months, it might take me a year, who knows? But I'm not going to get anywhere without continuing to motivate myself and work hard.

So if you have an unexpected weight gain which you're unhappy about, please try not to get too angry and upset with yourself, I did, I was in a right mardy all night and became a bit of stress head for a bit too long afterward, it can make the whole process a bit more complicated, luckily, like anytime I've had a gain, it's given me a well needed kick up the backside and I've worked extra hard the next week, so all is good!

Long story short, don't do what I did and get angry at yourself, it's not good.
Work hard, but don't overdo it, pushing yourself too hard can be just as unhealthy.
Look after yourself, make sure you rest appropriately and just keep your mental and physical health as priority.

Keep it simple, work hard and you'll be well on your way again... (If you want to ha).

I'll get back to planning my hectic schedule now...


Until next time!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment