Morning All!

Hope you've all got a fab weekend planned, I don't think I'll be doing too much apart from the gym, which for me is bliss! 

Thought I'd give you the low down on a couple of things I did this week!

First of all, I did my first ever Kettlebell's class and it was hard. VERY HARD. I'm probably coming across as a huge wuss right now but in honesty, I do not care, I know it has definitely done me some good, because I'm still slightly aching 4 days later! *place embarrassed emoji here* - but ouch!

I attended the class with two of my best ones, that I've mentioned on here Lucy and Louise, like me, Louise had never done Kettlebells before and therefore, has had the same, if not incredibly similar effects when it comes to aching afterwards! Lucy however, has done it before and I think she probably handled the aching a lot better ha! I'm still undecided whether or not to do the class again.
SO MANY SQUATS.

Not only squats, but mountain climbers, burpees, press ups and planking... ouch.

Just to give you a slight insight into how I plank, it's probably a little bit like this:


In a nutshell, I'm not very good at it... ha!
 
But onto Kettlebells, myself, Lucy and Louise were all geared up and ready (well, before I realised what was coming anyway!) it is basically interval training, Since it was my first time, I opted for a 3kg and a 4kg Kettlebell:

 Which really aren't the heaviest things in the world, but when I started squatting and swinging them around (not literally!) I soon changed my mind ha...

I think before we started we all felt fairly confident:



 We had to do 20 seconds of each exercise with our kettlebells with a 10 second break, which trust me, is a lot lot harder than it sounds, I first thought it was a piece of cake but, I was wrong, I probably will go again at somepoint in all honesty as it did do my body some good! I just need to recover from this aching first ha!

All I can say is if you're going to do it, take PLENTY of water with you, for me, one shaker full of it was not enough haha!

Anyway, onto a slightly less painful subject ;) (ahem)

Last night, me and my family celebrated a belated fathers day, my dad works away and wasn't around on father's day - so last night we took him to Coleman's Steakhouse and Pizzeria in Bawtry and can I just say that it is FAB.

It is actually a lot smaller than I imagined it would be - but I liked that, it had a nice atmosphere and it just made the meal more enjoyable!

 Just a quick snap I took of the place yesterday, its so warm, inviting and I love the decor! 
But onto the really important stuff, food and drink...
Whilst I was there, I decided to treat myself to a Mojito cocktail, they don't actually have a cocktail menu here, however one of the waitresses was still happy to make me one up, which I thought was lovely, great customer service on her part and it tasted fab :)

 For starters we had two sharers, the homemade nachos and halloumi sticks - I LOVED the halloumi sticks, they tasted so nice and was just fab, I didn't have any of the homemade nacho's, as sour cream, jalapenos and what not just aren't really my thing but they certainly got approval from the rest of my family!

Now onto my last course (and the best in my opinion!) The main.

 My mum opted for Pork, My dad and brother opted for Calzones, but I had a steak...
I love steak, a lot.
It was an 8oz Striploin steak, served with homemade chips, a big fried mushroom and tomato and some onion rings (they're hidden behind the chips!)

The steak, was AMAZING. I have mine medium rare and they got it spot on!
Usually, I'm not a fan of chunky chips, but these were beautiful, plenty of potato and was the right balance of crisp.
I only managed to eat the steak and about the quarter of the chips mind, I was so full, there was the potential for a food coma situation when I got in (which was right, I fell asleep when I got in ha!)

But overall, this place is fab and I'd definitely recommend, I also recommend you check out their social media/website!

Facebook: Coleman's Pizzeria & Steakhouse
Website: http://www.colemanspizzeriaandsteakhouse.com/

One final note, I'm note paid to promote or endorse Coleman's Pizzeria and Steakhouse in anyway, all opinions are my own!

Have a lovely weekend! and I'll post again soon :)
Hayley
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment