Oops!

Now then,
Apologies for not posting yesterday, but I have a confession, I was incredibly naughty on the food and drink side yesterday and got a little bit carried away, plus I forgot to record and take pictures (*slaps wrist*).
Every so often, my dad's side of the family have a little drinking session in town, last time I went, I wasn't drinking because I was driving, but this time I had the opportunity to have a drink, but I probably seized it a little bit too much...
I ended up getting fairly tipsy and to make things worse, all the decent food shops had shut, so when it came to sobering up, it was the choice between a big greasy kebab (ew) or KFC...
So I opted for a KFC Megabox meal (*slaps wrist again*).
I will openly admit that yesterday was meant to be my 'cheat day' if you like because of the alcohol, however, I shouldn't of gone overboard and then got a greasy KFC afterwards either, so, to make up for it today, I've been extra good! (I promise!).
I unexpectedly got asked to work tomorrow night, and I wanted to get some revision done where there was less distractions, so I've come home this afternoon, which means a better quality meal for tea!
I also took my adorable dog Alfie out for a little walk too :)
But starting with breakfast, It was more like brunch... Yesterday after getting back to Sheffield, I was wide awake and couldn't sleep for a while, so I woke up a bit later (oops).
So I opted for a larger cleaner breakfast to satisfy me for a few hours:
 
 It was simply two grilled sausages (They are sausages, I just cut them open part way through so they cooked properly), 1 slice of toast and 2 free range scrambled eggs, it was enough energy to get me going and carry on through until I went home :)

Then, when I did eventually get home, Me and my mum took our cockapoo Alfie out for a walk:

I understand he looks like a Springer Spaniel (I don't get it either) but apparently, he is a working cockerpoo... but anyway, my Mum and me took Alfie out for a walk and let him have a bit of run, since he's been cooped up for a couple of weeks after being poorly! Overall, I'm guessing that we walked between a mile to a mile and a half ish, fresh air did me good as did the exercise, I'm sure Alfie appreciated it too!

Then for tea, me and my mum thought it would be a cool idea to try something a little bit different, after trying something in the M&S Cafe, my mum decided to do her own take on it, and much to my surprise (It has a lot of stuff in it that I wouldn't usually touch with a barge pole!) It was really nice and I'm going to have a go in changing some of the ingredients at somepoint!

It looks like soup, it isn't, it's actually pasta (yep!) - and it has the following ingredients (brace yourselves, long list!):
Red onion, Orange pepper, Chopped tomatoes (tinned), chopped cherry tomatoes, garlic, Curly Kale, Spinach, Butterbeans, Basa Fish, Orzo Pasta, Chicken stock, Chia Seeds, Cornflour, Italian seasoning, a bit of lemon juice and finally home made pesto on top which is made of basil, oil, pine nuts and garlic.

The great thing about this is, that you can change and incorporate the ingredients to suit your own taste, which as much I liked it, I'll be trying different combinations! Instead of fish, you can use chicken or any other type of fish too, If you give it a try, tell me what you think, I'd be interested to know :)
But not only that, it's super healthy and I probably have my 5-a-day stuffed all in one meal, which is fab, and it actually tasted really nice too, I really surprised myself, but I did however, chop the onions, pepper and tinned tomatoes up in a mini blender, but as previous readers will know, I'm weird with texture, so of course you don't have to :)

So yes, apologies again for being very naughty! but I'd like to think today I've bounced back and done better, and I can officially announce that I have my first exercise/training session on wednesday night with trainer Beth from TRI2SWIM (search it on facebook, she's fab!) where we'll be doing an hour of swimming to get me started, alongside her fab mum Heather! So come wednesday night/Thursday morning, I'll update you on my progress, but until then, I shall post tomorrow! :)
Bye for now
Hayley
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment