Hello, hello!

After having a small break from my blog, I am back and I thought my first post back from said break should be something a little bit different.

Those of you that read my blog may well be aware that I have suffered with depression and social anxiety, and have done for over 10 years... which was incredibly hard to accept as I was scared of the label of "depressed" and the mental in "mental health";
But you know what? Once I did accept it, it's not all that bad... I have had an awful lot of knocks in my life, I have previously considered myself fairly unlucky for a lot of my life.

However, towards the end of last year I decided to at least try and stop being so negative, my anxiety and what not caused me to be a "glass half empty" sort of person, but I stopped and realised despite the amount of crap I've had to deal with, I've got through it and I'm going from strength to strength.

Since the beginning of secondary school, I've dealt with some bad bullying, some horrible medical issues, most of which is down to my thyroid, but hey ho, on I soldier anyway and then my self confidence issues due to my appearance, weight, past issues with bullying and people letting me down.
It's the smaller things with me that get down, even something as simple as being called "boring" or when I think people are talking about me behind my back, the smallest things can set my anxiety off, but I'm taking small steps being able to control it and feel better about myself!

But anyway, onto a more positive note (since its what this post is supposed to be all about!)

This morning when I went to the gym, I noticed they were promoting a small project called #LoveYourSelfie and I think it's a fantastic idea! You basically take a little paper heart (they have red hearts but you know...whatever you have available!) and put the heart next to a part of the body that they love/that they're proud of.

I think that it's such a good idea and I want you all to get involved with this where you can!

So on instagram or twitter or anywhere, put your "#LoveYourSelfie" it could even just be you holding a heart up to say you love yourself and that's great, we need more positivity in this world and it's a great way to start it off!
Be sure to tag me if you take part, I want to see self confidence and body positivity everywhere!

I haven't currently got any red card, so I'm going to share some images with you that show my progress and show that I am proud of my slow transformation! 

 I was featured on the "This Girl Can" campaign's social media platform, a campaign by Sport England who are attempting to get women everywhere, no matter what age, size, ability or anything to get involved and exercise and do sports, I 100% agree with the campaign, having been doing this for nearly a year now, I believe 110% that sports and exercise can make you feel a lot better about yourself, I feel more active, fitter and my confidence is getting better and better, see about their fab campaign here.

Being featured on their social media platforms was just another step in the right direction for me and if I can inspire women like myself or anyone for that matter to get up and feel better about themselves, I will!

Now to carry on with the self love and confidence theme I'm going to share this with you:

To be honest I was sat around for a good half an hour wondering as to whether or not I should actually upload it or not to any of my social media platforms, although I finally did to my instagram and even though I have a long way to go, I'm proud of my progress so far (also I need to work on my abs lol...) but my stomach and figure is getting smaller and fitter everyday with the effort I'm putting in!





The first photo was taken in May 2015 when I first started, the second was taken end of november/beginning of december time 2015 and the final photo was taken in 2016, well last week actually, I'm getting so excited about how much fitter I'm getting! I love seeing the difference between photos! Just inspires me to carry on and keep going!


Plus the best thing is, that I'm doing it all for myself, by myself (well somewhat) and achieving these is fantastic.

Actually the by myself is a slight lie, big shoutout of thanks to Beth from Tri 2 Swim who gave me the kick up the bum I needed to get started and Sian from Potential fitness who trains me and gives me 100% whatever I'm doing and of course my friends and family who have been there throughout.

To continue on as well, I have my own radio show now too, I've been doing this for a couple of months now and I love love love it, I'm basically talking to myself for a couple of hours into a big microphone but its definitely boosted my self confidence and it gets me out of the house on a wednesday night! Everyone is a winner hahaha! You can listen to me live on Redroad FM on wednesday nights between 9pm-11pm, be sure to listen and text in/tweet me, I'll give you a shoutout!
Listen live here.


So on one last note, I know its easier said than done but love yourself and brim yourself with confidence, take baby steps if you have to, because you can be whatever you want to be and you can do whatever you want! You just have to put yourself in a good frame of mind!

and #LoveYourSelfie!

Until next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment