Now then,

Hope you've all had a decent bank holiday! I can imagine a few of you have sore heads this morning ;)

After my rather boozy saturday, I opted to stay away from town last night, and after seeing many a 'sore head' comment on facebook, I was happy to wake up feeling fresh (not trying to rub it in, honest!).
So I opted for a classic breakfast, Eggs and toasted soldiers! (I'm not ashamed that I got a little bit excited about this...) - I like my eggs runny and I'm happy to say that I got it perfect! If you like them runny, I boiled my water and had them in for 4 minutes, then for my soldiers, I didn't want too much bread, so I had one slice of seeded wholegrain loaf (Hovis if you're interested!) and cut it up to make 10 mini soldiers!

Then I had to crack on with revision (Zzz) as my exam is on wednesday, so after cramming some revision in, it was safe to say I was looking forward to lunch!

This light lunch is slowly becoming one of my favourite meals! It's made up of wholemeal Warbutons Thin, Parma Ham, Mozarella, Sundried tomatoes, spinach and some more homemade pesto (the same one mentioned in yesterday's post!) - It's really light and full of flavour plus it's a good healthy balance and really easy to make, you don't have to use spinach either, you can use basil, rocket, anything you fancy, and don't be afraid to try a different type of bread, I'll be interested to see what you come up with!

So after lunch, it was back to more revision and a little bit of a headache along with it too! (I haven't sat any exams since GCSE's - incredibly glad I only have one!) and decided I ought to get a bit of fresh air, so I took Alfie out for a walk! :)

 Great action shot of Alfie there, think it's safe to say that he enjoyed his walk! This time I tracked my steps and distance on my phone and altogether, I walked 3697 steps which is apparently the equivalent to 2.40km (1.4 miles)! felt good getting some fresh air and also gave me a good break from the revision!

By the time I got back, it was time to start preparing my tea...

This is quinoa, it's a bit like cous cous (ish) but it is incredibly plain, so you need to make sure you put some good things in it create some flavour, which is a good opportunity for you to get creative! When cooking the quinoa, it was cooked with chicken stock, to give it a base flavour, then I added in finely chopped red onion, yellow pepper and a little bit of garlic, this was all pre-prepared and ready to go, I took a chicken fillet and cooked it in the oven wrapped in tin foil (200 degrees, 25 minutes) - it's a better alternative to frying!
I still thought that it felt a bit dry, so I had to improvise, I used a tiny bit of chicken gravy, it may sound a bit gross, but it actually worked! It gave some more flavour and it wasn't too dry anymore! but feel free to (if you try it), to try something else with it!

Tomorrow should be fab! I'm having a mini spa morning with one of my best friends/flatmate Sadie and then a little lunch date to Nando's so I can relax a little bit before my exam on wednesday!
So I'll update you on my day tomorrow and I hope you enjoy the remainder of your bank holiday!
Until then,
Hayley
xo
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment