Now then,

Happy Monday! (I hope), today I've got back on the exercise wagon and I'm determined to push myself further!

I have my next goal now, I found out today I will be graduating from University in November and I would love to lose another stone before that time and look good in my graduation photo!
So that's just under 2 months, It won't be easy but I'll definitely give it a good go! As I want to look good in my graduation outfit too!

Today I had my first proper Personal Trainer session with Sian! who was absolutely fab, she really pushed me and gave me a lot of variety of cardio to get my heart racing and gave me a really good workout! Including interval training (ow) but that achey feeling after a decent workout feels so good! 

So warm up was 5 minutes steady cycling on the bike, then we had 10 minutes of interval training on the bike, so to begin with, it was 10 seconds of hard cycling, 20 seconds steady, 10 seconds hard cycling, 20 seconds steady etc... then 5 minutes in, we upped it to 20 seconds hard cycling for an extra push.

After that was treadmill work, bearing in mind I'm not great at running (I can't really do so because my knee is not in the greatest condition after dislocating it a couple of years ago!).
So walking on the treadmill at a speed of 3.0, increasing the incline every 30 seconds by 0.5, the incline got up to 10.0! which trust me, kills your calves!

Afterwards, we did between 5-10 minutes of step ups, which to be honest I was dreading but it wasn't that bad, definitely gave me a good push when I wasn't falling over the box (oops!).

Then squats and lunges whilst holding a 5kg weight, started with 10 squats and then 20 lunges (10 lunges per leg), we repeated this a couple of times then for a last time, I upped the squats up to 15! 

Then finally we did something I have always wanted to try and had never done before, boxing exercises!

 Did a series of straight, hook and uppercut punches in various speeds and quantities and it really got my heartrate going! as well as giving my arms an aching sensation, which must mean it was working!

I really enjoyed the boxing aspect as it was new and different to me, so I'm hoping to do some more of that soon :)!
I'm seeing Sian again next week for another PT session so watch this space! 

Thought I would share my "brunch" with you too!

 It was one warbuton thin (2 slices) with 3 scrambled eggs with ham, a variety of salad leaves and a tiny bit of mozzarella cheese.
Was a great balanced meal for after my work out and I'm looking forward to the achey stage afterwards!

My next post will be reviewing and showing a few bits off that I purchased from a little shop called Coco and Bella, how to love your body when you're trying to slim down and keeping your confidence at your best!
 
Until then,
 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Hayley! So happy for you, you'll look beautiful at your graduation I'm sure!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete