Alternative Exercise methods!

A belated happy new year to you all!
For my first post of 2016 (woo!) I'm going to talk about a different method of exercise which most of you probably haven't even considered!

A lot of us have (or have not...) made the resolution to get healthier, exercise, go to the gym etc. good on you!

But for some people it's not always possible, due to work, finances or just don't find the time.
Fear not! I had a brainwave yesterday which could be both affordable (and maybe even free!)

Many of you probably (possibly) have a nintendo wii somewhere collecting dust, get it out, dust it down and get it set up! No doubt some of you reading this will have a copy of Just Dance, whichever the expansion!
From Just Dance 2 I believe, there is an additional feature on the game called 'Sweat Workout'.

Which I think it pretty self explanatory!

Here is all you need:

Comfy clothing, sweats, jogging bottoms, something you can move around in!

A decent amount of space (your living room will probably be adequate!)
 
A nintendo wii

A wii remote (of course is there is more than one of you, you will need more remotes!)
 
Water. It goes without saying, you will get tired and it's important to stay hydrated!
 
Easy enough right? - Well we'll get started.
I was using Just Dance 3 last night, and on the main menu you get a screen like this:
 
To the right is an option called 'Just Sweat' - it is exactly the same as the normal dancing game, except you get the added sweat points, apparently 1000 sweat points is the equivalent of walking all around central park... who knew?!
 
Choose your song (plenty of variety I'm sure!) - I believe Just Dance 2 gives you the option of how many songs you want to do, I must of done at least 10, maybe more (I'm not kidding!).
Everytime you move you get sweatpants, the more you move, the more sweatpoints you get!
It's that simple and I think it's a bit more fun than your average work out!
 

I'm not in any shape or form a dancer, My co-ordination and balance isn't great and I might as well have 2 left feet! but to say I hadn't done it in a while, I didn't think 3 stars was too bad.
 
Give it a go! You never know!
 
Until next time,
 
 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment