Now then,

Apologies for the the silence but August was a very busy month for me! So what's been happening the past couple of weeks?

Well, I turned 21! Apparently this means that I'm a proper adult now... plus I can drink/gamble in America if I really wanted to haha...

I also spent this past bank holiday at Leeds Festival!





It was a fab weekend that I spent with 7 fab friends, I saw the likes of Mumford and Sons, Years and Years, Panic! At The Disco, All Time Low, Bastille, Lethal Bizzle, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Don Broco and much much more!

Those that know me incredibly well, probably know that I'm not the camping sort, or walking for that matter, but Leeds Fest included a lot of both and I pleasantly surprised myself with the camping side, I didn't have too much trouble sleeping, infact, all my friends can probably confirm that I slept too much if anything!

Unless you've been before, you've probably underestimated the distance between the campsites and the actual arena, I did... It's a long walk and I suggest you prepare yourselves with comfy, suitable footwear (Talking Wellies and Trainers here!) or something you don't mind getting a little bit muddy.
But seriously, I probably walked a minimum of 4 miles everyday whether that was to and from the campsite/arena, or the car and the campsite and it aches, it gets harder up that hill everyday but it is definitely worth it! Probably did me good considering I was missing the gym for a few days!

Now for the food. - For the tent we had mostly snacky stuff like cereal bars, mini boxes of cereal, crisps, pastry etc, but unfortunately you're not allowed to take food or drink into the arena, so if you get hungry, you're going to have to buy, which it is quite expensive, so take more money than you think you're going to need!

The main food highlight for me was a stall called "Ken's Barbi" - where I had an amazing grilled chicken and halloumi flatbread sandwich, it was £7 - but god it was worth it! - They're at @KensBarbi on twitter, check them out!

So what else did I get up to? A few pictures below will explain it all!

 The main stage at Leeds, like I said a massive trek, but worth it, saw some amazing acts on here and you can barely miss it! got pretty close to the front with Bastille, Panic! At The Disco and more!

 I attempted to embrace Festival Culture with a funky Bandana and some sunglasses, reckon I pulled it off?

 Me and Lucy took this whilst waiting for a few acts at main stage, I popped this photo on instagram and it was shown on screen at the main stage!

I had to take this photo because it looked so pretty! This was blue campsite not far from the main arena, we were camped in purple, so we had a bit more of a walk ha, but it was just starting to get dark and it looked so pretty!

And of course, I spent it with 7 fab friends who made the experience all the more enjoyable, whether we were playing daft games in the tent (FireTruck, Miss Mapleberry etc) haha, or singing "Leeds, You What, You What" at the top of our voices, or as Ryan liked to shout "Go Scunthorpe", or singing along to "Baby Shark" - which didn't really have any relevance, it was just a good laugh we had haha!

Just 4 of the other 7, unfortunately we didn't really get any full group photos! but L-R is Lucy, Louise, Ross, Ryan and Me, then there was Matty, Josh and Lee, massive thanks to you all for making my weekend and my 21st birthday great!
So that's my bank holiday in a nutshell, I'll be back with more exciting posts soon!
Until then!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment