Curry

Now then,

As promised, here is my last post of today on meals and my final meal of the day! Safe to say I'm positively stuffed, and it was fab :)
 
 Tea: My mum's chicken curry with slim rice, chicken, red pepper,
Red Vine Tomatoes, Onions and Mushrooms.

Tea tonight was stunning, to be honest, I did struggle with the Onions and mushrooms, If you haven't noticed already, I'm incredibly fussy and texture is one of them things that I'm not really a fan of... I know that probably makes me incredibly weird - but oh well :p
However, I did surprise myself, I've always been dead against peppers, mainly because of their crunchy texture (ew... makes me cringe just thinking about it!) but this time they were roasted to make it that little bit softer, which for me, made them more edible! It did have a bit of a spicy kick to it too, which was nice!
Next time I might try and blend up the onions and mushrooms in my nutriBullet and see if it makes it any better for me :)

The main thing I wanted to rave about within this meal is the 'Slim Rice':

Slim Rice

The rice used in the curry tonight was 'Slim Rice' - which I purchased from Holland & Barrett, and there's more within the range including 'Slim Pasta' and 'Slim Noodles'.
Those of you that are fan's of Made in Chelsea, may or may not have noticed that regular Jamie Laing, has tweeted about the range of products recently too! Which, as daft as it may sound, It gives me a little more confidence in the product!
But it's fab for 3 following reasons; 
A) It tastes good and I can imagine it would suit a lot of different flavours, 
B) It's got barely any calories in it, made mainly of fibre and it's sugar-free!
C) In this packet I got a recipe to try and a free 7 day meal plan, always a bonus!
I took a photo of the back for you to check out, I think it's a great win if you're trying to watch what you eat, but it is a little pricey, so in future, I'll have a look out for a similar more affordable alternative!

The Nutritional Info for the 'Skinny Rice'

As you can see, per 100g (always check! It's easy to get mixed up with the entire packet!) it's got 0.2 grams of Protein in it, 4 grams of Fibre and like I said earlier - its sugar-free! And it's Carb free, which is great for those of you if like me, you're trying to cut down.
This meal has left me feeling really satisfied and I think it was a great way to finish my meals for the day.

So until tomorrow, this is me signing off, 
Hope you've had a fab day!
Hayley
xo

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment