Food for the day...

Now then,

As promised in my previous blog post, here is my update on meals for the day! I'm feeling a little bit stuffed right now and had a nice little balance today :)
Let's start with breakfast...


 Omelette with bacon, cheese and spinach

This morning, I opted for a simple yet quick breakfast, may I point out that as you can see, my omelette flipping skills aren't much to be desired (Men, please form a queue! ;p).
   The ingredients were bacon (again, sourced from my local butchers), 2 eggs, a handful of chopped spinach and a little sprinkle of cheddar cheese, oh and not forgetting those all important Chia seeds!
I also accompanied the meal with a nice glass of cold water, which really woke me up from my zombie like state (I'm not a morning person...).
It was a nice mix of flavour and the clean protein filled me up enough to get me through the morning, and gave me energy I needed to carry on with the last of my university work (which I have just finished by the way! :D).
So, onto lunch...

Lunch - Pasta

 
Lunch was lovely, It was a simple pasta with a tomato sauce, which was made by blending up chopped tomatoes, onions and mushrooms in my NutriBullet.
Once the sauce was heated I added in spinach and two chipolata sausages (chopped) and of course pasta + chia seeds.
I prefer long string like pasta, I just find it quicker to cook (I'm pretty impatient..) and you don't need to put as much in the pan as it does expand whilst cooking.
For drink, I decided on water again but with a little splash of vimto dilute in it so it wasn't as plain.
This was a great balanced meal with protein, veg and carbs and it was a nice combination of flavours too! :)
Finally, onto tea...
Tea: Stir fry

For tea, was a simple stir fry, as previous readers will know, I have a weird fear (well not fear, but I don't like) of texture, so I did my own take with it, I fried off fresh chicken in coconut oil, then added purple brocolli and spinach with a bit of soy sauce for flavour.
Rather than thick, heavy noodles, I opted for lighter vermicelli noodles, these take about 3 minutes to cook if that, and are a healthy option with no fat or sugar in them!
 Again, with a glass of cold water.. 

No snacks or anything today, been too busy with my university work and all these meals have satisfied me enough :)
Look forward to sharing updates with you tomorrow!
Much love
Hayley
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment