Evening all!

It's Day 6 of Blogmas and today's post is all about the Manchester Christmas Markets!

This week during a short trip to Manchester, I thought I may as well take a short trip and have a look around, since I've not been before and it was lovely!

I went with friends Ben and Lois that I know from school and it was very much the traditional German markets with beer, traditional German food and little trinket stalls with things from Fairy Lights to Garden Shears!

As it got darker though the atmosphere really set in, the main area is at Manchester Town Hall, there's a lot of similar stalls but a lot of unique and individual stalls, one of which was selling "Toffee Vodka"! - Which I'd never heard of before.
There was also a pop up bar in the Town Hall Square and plenty of different bits and bobs to offer!
You'll know if you're in the right place or not, this guy is sat on the top of the entrance of Manchester town hall, you can't miss him!

The decorations were simple and cute and the atmosphere and people definitely added to it! I didn't actually purchase anything as I've already done my christmas shopping and didn't see anything I really needed, but if you're stuck for inspiration, the markets offer a good variety of fun and almost wacky present ideas that could work for some presents!

What was also great was the variety of German food stalls all with their own take on German classics:

This was a plain Bratwurst (sorry if I mispelt that ha! My German isn't that great) and it's under a fiver, which is a bonus! - You could get spicier versions too but since I'm not great with spice and I didn't know what to expect, I went for the safe and probably sensible standard option for my first one.

Plenty of sweet treat stalls with sweets, fudge and even satisfying your mulled wine and christmas pudding cravings!

I'd highly recommend the Manchester Christmas Markets for a lovely couple of hours!
I'm looking forward to maybe looking at some other locations in the coming years, I'd love to see the Lincoln christmas market and others!

That's all for day 6, Until then,





0 comments:

Post a Comment