A'up... Is it me you're looking for?

Now then!

Hope you're all enjoying your bank holiday weekend! Mines had a fab start, headed off to Meadowhall today in Sheffield with my trainer Beth, as she leaves and heads off to America in a couple of weeks to coach kids swimming, which is dead cool. so we had a girly afternoon shopping for her trip (which she did very well in to be fair and probably burnt a slight hole in her purse! :p) but it struck me how fussy eaters like me can struggle whilst out in a shopping centre and eating!

So we headed to Wagamama's - which if you're reading from beyond the UK, is a japanese food and noodle bar, it is a little pricey but the food is fab!

Before I go on, I'm finally going to put a face to the name, this is Beth, director of TRI 2 SWIM and my fab trainer!

 by the way, both of us trying to eat with chopsticks = hilarious ;)

For drinks we both opted for 2 green teas, which at Wagamamas are FREE (take advantage of that when you visit!)
The green tea is so refreshing and its just a nice compliment to the type of meal we were having!

We both opted for starters, Beth had the 'chilli squid' (which was b-e-a-u-t {Beautiful for you lot living outside of Yorkshire ;) })

I opted for the 'lollipop prawn kushiyaki' which is basically skewers of grilled prawns marinated in lemongrass lime and chilli. glazed with a sweet-sour and hot sauce and served with a caramelised lime! - It had a really nice kick to it and was a nice start to the meal!

Then, for the mains, whilst Beth had a chicken raisukaree curry (as pictured above), which is made up of chicken stir-fried in a coconut and lime curry sauce with mangetout, peppers, red and spring onions. served on sticky white rice and garnished with red chillies, coriander and lime! Beth seemed to really enjoy it! Whilst I went for a Yaki Soba - which is supposed to consist of teppan-fried soba noodles with chicken, shrimps, egg, beansprouts, peppers, white and spring onions. garnished with fried shallots, pickled ginger and mixed sesame seeds...
But I'm dead fussy, so I basically had noodles, egg, shrimp and chicken in sauce, but it was nice all the same ha! - but the great thing about Wagamama's is that they make it how you want it fresh, which is fab, maybe one day I can try the same dish with some of the added goodness... watch this space!

 lovely little shot of all our food - decent servings too!

Like I said, Wagamama's is a little bit pricey, but it definitely has its perks, give it a try if you happen to stumble across one! :)

Now for my drink I had later on!

Meadowhall have a franchise in the centre called 'Boost Juice' - which is amazing, but again, a little bit pricey, if you need that extra fruity energy boost on the go, I would rather have this than costa/starbucks (sorry!) 

But I had a regular, which is priced at £4.30 (yep, little pricey!) but the small is £4.10, so for 20p extra, its worth getting a little more in my opinion...

Massive thanks and shout out to the lasses that laughed at me taking a photo of my cup, hope I amused you ;)

My smoothie was from the low fat range, but there's more than just this, check out their site:

www.boostjuicebars.co.uk/

I went for Mango Magic, which was amazing! tasted so good and refreshing.
It's a basic mix of mango, banana, mango nectar, no fat milk, TD4 vanilla yoghurt & ice, and it gave me a good energy boost to finish off the shopping trip! They have loads of different flavours, so if you happen to stumble across one, give it a try, you can often see them doing cute little sample cups :)

On a final note, I will say that I'm not endorsed/paid to promote Meadowhall, Wagamama's or Boost Juice in anyway - all my own opinion :)

Hope you have a great finish to the bank holiday!
See ya!
Hayley
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment