Morning!

For today's blog I thought I would do something a little bit different, I understand that when you're trying to lose weight, your cravings can go crazy, especially when you're passing by your weaknesses or they're all around you, like when someone's eating a dominoes pizza or you drive by a KFC or your sibling is eating chocolate or sweets, it's a right pain and I can probably speak for most dieters when I say 'we've all been there'.

So I've come up with a couple of alternatives for 'sweet treats' if you like.

First of all, my favourite, is ice lollies!
Yep, Summer is coming and everyone is going to be lapping up with the ice cream and topping up their suntan, but ice cream/ice lollies generally have a lot of sugar in them, meaning its a general sin when it comes to dieting.
All you need is a blender, fruit of your choice and some ice lolly moulds:

 I used my nutribullet, and I opted for 2 different types of lolly, one was a simple banana milkshake, one broken up banana and milk filled up to the max line in my container and poured into two of my ice lolly moulds.

the other two moulds were filled up of a blended mix of strawberries, blueberries and water - I can stress that this does have sugar in it, but not added sugar, it's natural sugars from the fruit which makes it a little bit better for you!

 So if you're relaxing in the sun, having a BBQ or just fancy a nice cold sweet treat, then give them a go! You won't be missing out and it's a good alternative.

My ice lolly moulds were only £2 from Matalan :)

Another alternative is popcorn, seriously! - It's made from corn, a vegetable ;)
Assuming you don't have loads of added stuff to it, its a great snack if you're craving or if you're just sitting down in a movie, my favourite variety is this:

Metcalfe's Skinny Topcorn - Sweet and Salt flavour, there is a tiny bit of sugar in this because of the sweet flavour, but it is made to be a healthy snack, so it's fab, it comes in a variety of flavours and there are big(ish) bags like the one in the photo, or they come in small crisp size packets, I know they're available in Sainsbury's and poundland, but I'll let you know if I spot them elsewhere!

One more great snack, which is affordable and great to try new things! Is a graze box!
At £3.99 per box, you can set it to however frequent you wish, so weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc. - Also you go online and choose what you don't like, what you love, like and want to try so they can send you a variety :) And recently they've done a promotion where your 1st, 5th and 10th box is free! which is great if you stick it out and if you're not keen, you can cancel at anytime :)

The contents of my last box was mini pretzels with a chocolate dip, a strawberry and yoghurt 'granola topper' some breadsticks and peanut butter spread and applewood smoked beef jerky with a tomato relish.

These are fab if you're on the go, they're small portions so you're not over doing it and they'll fit in your handbag/pocket, plus its a nice tiny filler if you're hungry between meals, give the a try!

So that concludes the snacks for today, I'll try and find some more to blog about in the near future :)

So until later
Hayley
xo





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment